`Satyamev Jayate` had huge impact: Imran Khan
Mumbai: Actor Imran Khan believes his uncle Aamir Khan`s TV show ‘Satyamev Jayate’, which brought social issues to the fore, has had a great impact on the society.
"It has had an impact... Some people, of course don`t agree with what he is saying or doing. But they are talking about it," the 29-year-old said here.
The 13-episode show, aired on Star Plus, ended July 29. It touched upon sensitive issues like female foeticide, education, dowry and corruption in the medical field.
"He has raised issues which people were not previously talking about. It has raised issues to a national level. I don`t think there can be a bigger impact than this," he added.
Following the success of the first season, a second season is in the pipeline.
Meanwhile, Imran is shooting for Vishal Bhardwaj`s ‘Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan as ‘Sultan’: Actor gets into the skin of the character in new pic
- Yami Gautam not happy with Pulkit's closeness with a co-star?
- Emraan Hashmi in and as ‘Azhar’: A tribute to the former cricketer – Watch
- Valentine week: Top WhatsApp messages you can send on 'Chocolate Day'!
- Sunny Leone, Priyanka Chopra, Anushka Sharma, Athiya Shetty and Emraan Hashmi make candid confessions – Watch