`Satyamev Jayate` had huge impact: Imran Khan
Mumbai: Actor Imran Khan believes his uncle Aamir Khan`s TV show ‘Satyamev Jayate’, which brought social issues to the fore, has had a great impact on the society.
"It has had an impact... Some people, of course don`t agree with what he is saying or doing. But they are talking about it," the 29-year-old said here.
The 13-episode show, aired on Star Plus, ended July 29. It touched upon sensitive issues like female foeticide, education, dowry and corruption in the medical field.
"He has raised issues which people were not previously talking about. It has raised issues to a national level. I don`t think there can be a bigger impact than this," he added.
Following the success of the first season, a second season is in the pipeline.
Meanwhile, Imran is shooting for Vishal Bhardwaj`s ‘Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil': Anushka Sharma smitten with Karan Johar's Bollywood flavour
- Swedish author Henning Mankell lost battle to cancer
- Kannada actor Shivarajkumar suffers minor heart attack, admitted to hospital
- Oops! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput bump into Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor in a gym!
- Sunny Leone blasts Kerala government for culling stray dogs