`Shaitaan` to showcase episode on match fixing
New Delhi: In the wake of the spot fixing scandal in the recently concluded sixth edition of Indian Premier League (IPL), crime series `Shaitaan - A Criminal Mind`, will showcase a special episode based on match fixing, and an ensuing case of blackmailing, kidnapping and murdering.
The episode, to be showcased Saturday, portrays the story of two young boys, who in order to pay a huge amount of money to a bookie for losing a bet in cricket, kidnap the bookie`s nephew. In a desperate bid to avoid being caught, it further leads to a murder.
Actor Sharad Kelkar, who hosts the show, says that through such tales "we try to make viewers understand the circumstances and witness the pain so that they could become more alert about different verticals of life".
"Shooting for this episode was breathtaking as well as shocking to know that to what extent our young generation can go for the greed of money," he said in a statement.
Episodes on `Shaitaan - A Criminal Mind` are designed "to create a sense of anxiety, by making viewers think for what went wrong and what was the psyche of the person behind committing such crimes", says Nikhil Alva, CEO of Miditech.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Isla Fisher wants to play Prince in biopic
- You cannot take your eyes off 'sloth struck' Ranveer Singh lazing around!- See it to believe it
- Dance songs should not be called item numbers: Aditi Rao Hydari
- Arbaaz Khan speaks about his character in 'Tera Intezaar'- READ
- Kangana Ranaut looking forward to next project- Know all about it!
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 633 — Abhi acknowledges Pragya's truth and accepts her wholeheartedly!
- Guess who? Karan Johar touched feet of THIS Bollywood star on sets of 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'!
- When ‘Unindian’ Brett Lee met Kapil Sharma - See pics
- My green eyes got me '24' role: Sumit Kaul
- Indian TV actress Sara Khan gears up for a show in Pakistan!