`The Simpsons` pays touching tribute to Marcia Wallace in new episode
London: ` The Simpsons` has paid tribute to late actress and voice-over artist Marcia Wallace, who gave her voice to Mrs. Edna Krabappel on the show, with a touching opening sequence.
In the new episode, a `sad-looking` Bart Simpson can be seen writing `We`ll really miss you Mrs. K` on the blackboard instead of the usual scribbling about a punishment, Metro.co.uk reported.
The new episode also included the 1992 Emmy award-winning episode `Bart the Lover` that featured Wallace`s character heavily.
The show`s executive producer Al Jean described Wallace`s death as a `terrible loss`.
Wallace passed away aged 70 in October due to complications from pneumonia.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- Kriti and I will go to 'Bigg Boss', Shah Rukh Khan to join later: Varun
- 'Kapil effect' sways Shilpa Shetty on Comedy nights
- Olsen twins to not reprise their roles in "Full House" reboot
- Bigg Boss, Day 45: Kanwaljeet’s ‘racist’ comment irks Priya; inmates celebrate Rochelle’s birthday!