`The Sopranos` named best-written television series of all time
London: Mob drama ‘The Sopranos’ grabbed the no.1 position in a survey of `the best-written television series of all time`.
The Writers Guild of America` released its list of the 101 greatest TV shows of all time, and David Chase`s tale about a `mobster in therapy, with problems with his mother` which ran on HBO from 1999 to 2007, took the top spot, the Sun reported.
‘Seinfeld’ (NBC, 1990-98) finished in second place
Other series to feature in the top five are: `The Twilight Zone`, `All in the Family` and `M*A*S*H`, all three of which ran on CBS.
AMC`s `Mad Men`, which came in seventh, was the only show currently airing that cracked the top ten.
A board member of the WGA` Aaron Mendelsohn said that the focus while making the list was given to exceptional writing and storytelling over the course of a series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Devdas', 'Veer-Zaara' to be screened at theatres in the US
- Madhur Bhandarkar reveals first look of Kirti Kulhari starrer 'Indu Sarkar'
- Want to go worldwide with digital foray: Shilpa Shetty
- Girls should hit back if touched inappropriately, says Akshay Kumar
- Irrfan Khan in Georgia for 'Hindi Medium' shooting
- Sunil Grover still part of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' faces wrath on social media after fallout with Sunil Grover?
- Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar to compete with Kapil Sharma by teaming up for new show?
- Shilpa Shinde's accusation of sexual harassment is 'false', says 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai' producer's wife
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?