`The Voice` loses Shakira, gets Christina Aguilera back
Los Angeles: Colombian singer Shakira will leave NBC`s "The Voice" and Christina Aguilera will return to take her place next season, the Web site E! News said.
"It was a hard decision for me to make, because I`m really fond of the coaches, the people in production and everybody around me," the 36-year-old superstar told E! News.
"And I really enjoyed `The Voice`, but I also have a musical career and I`m also a mother now and my poor baby`s so tired flying such long distances. He already has more miles than any pilot. So I think I have to give him a little break, and we`ll see what happens in the future," she said.
Shakira and Spanish soccer international Gerard Pique celebrated the birth of their baby boy Milan last January in Barcelona, where the couple has settled.
Shakira`s absence will be filled by Aguilera, one of the coaches in previous years who will be back for Season 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cinema focuses on entertainment, later education: Shyam Benegal
- Actor Govinda to pay Rs 5 lakh compensation for slapping fan
- Nervous to share screen space with Hrithik: Yami Gautam
- Beyonce hits hard with 'Formation (Dirty)—Watch it to believe it!
- Sonam Kapoor, Shekhar Ravjiani in 'Gehra Ishq' from 'Neerja'—Watch song!