`X Factor` USA gets cancelled

Last Updated: Saturday, February 8, 2014 - 16:24

Los Angeles: Singing reality show `The X Factor` USA will not be returning for its fourth season, as the show apparently failed to attract large audience, unlike its original UK version.

Cowell, 54, is set to return to the UK version of the show after Fox decided not to renew its US counterpart for a fourth season, the network announced recently, reported E! online.

"I have had a fantastic time over the last 12 years, both on `The X Factor` and `American Idol`. And apart from being lucky enough to find some amazing talent on the shows, I have always had an incredible welcome from the American public (most of the time!)," Cowell, who served as a judge and producer, said in a statement.

"Last year, for a number of reasons, I had to make a decision to return to the UK version of `The X Factor` in 2014. So for now, I`m back to the UK and I want to thank Fox for being an incredible partner and I also want to thank everybody who has supported my shows. America, I`ll see you soon," it further read.

Fox boss Kevin Reilly, who had previously admitted that the show had underperformed, said, "Unfortunately, there is no
`X Factor USA` without Simon Cowell, but we understand and support his decision. We wish him the very best, and it`s our sincere hope that we work together again soon."

IANS

First Published: Saturday, February 8, 2014 - 16:24

comments powered by Disqus