Actresses are still offered stereotypical roles: Bhagyashree
Mumbai: Actress Bhagyashree, who made her Bollywood debut with `Maine Pyar Kiya`, says she does not foresee herself doing typical stuff but would love to essay meaningful roles.
The actress is making a comeback in the industry with thriller TV show `Laut Aao Trisha`.
"There are very few films like `English Vinglish` are being made. Though new kind of cinema is being made today, but after a certain age, actresses are relegated to playing a mother or `bhabhi`. This is something I don`t foresee myself doing," Bhagyashree said in an interview here.
The actress is keen to do powerful and substantial roles, be it in films or on TV, like the one of Kirron Kher in Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s `Devdas`.
"The length of the role doesn`t matter. It has to be a substantial role. I would like to play character roles and it should excite me," she said.
Best remembered for her role as `Suman` opposite Salman in 1989 blockbuster `Maine Pyar Kiya`, Bhagyashree did not miss being in front of the camera.
"I haven`t been really out of it (work) completely. I worked in couple of films down South and did some international projects. I was not there constantly as I had family and kids to look after," she added.
Bhagyashree, who had made her television debut with show `Kachchi Dhoop`, said she is happy to get back to work and hopes the show does well.
"I liked the story of the show. It is different from what you usually see on TV. It is a very socially relevant issue and it is important that things come out and people discuss about it," she said.
The show `Laut Aao Trisha` is an intriguing story full of tricky plots and deals with in family crimes.
Bhagyashree plays the role of a mother Amrita Swaikar, who begins a quest to search for her missing daughter, Trisha.
Like every mother, Bhagyashree too has certain kind of fear when it comes to her two children.
"Definitely there is a fear. I have brought up my son and daughter, equally. Both have restrictions over timing, night stay, etc. But there is a certain safety concern when it comes to a girl," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Devdas', 'Veer-Zaara' to be screened at theatres in the US
- Madhur Bhandarkar reveals first look of Kirti Kulhari starrer 'Indu Sarkar'
- Want to go worldwide with digital foray: Shilpa Shetty
- Girls should hit back if touched inappropriately, says Akshay Kumar
- Irrfan Khan in Georgia for 'Hindi Medium' shooting
- Sunil Grover still part of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' faces wrath on social media after fallout with Sunil Grover?
- Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar to compete with Kapil Sharma by teaming up for new show?
- Shilpa Shinde's accusation of sexual harassment is 'false', says 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai' producer's wife
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?