Age no bar to TV actress Avika Gor for essaying new roles
New Delhi: She might be 15, but young TV actress Avika Gor doesn`t let her age come in the way of her career. She says her stint is popular show ‘Balika Vadhu’ has prepared her for kind of roles.
"I love picking up challenges. I want to do every kind of role. If I can show my talent of laughing, crying and acting in front of people, then I would love to do any role," Avika told IANS.
The actress was as young as 10 when she rose to fame with her role as Anandi in Colors show `Balika Vadhu` and even walked away with numerous awards.
There is a common notion that child artists miss out on living a normal life amidst the stardom, but Avika begs to differ.
"If this had been the case, then I would not have been doing all this. This is something different than normal life and I love it. People ask for my autograph and tell me which episode they liked and I love it," said Avika, who is currently seen in ‘Sasural Simar Ka’.
"Who doesn`t like attention and I get it from good people. I feel good that I am pursuing my hobby and people like it," she added.
Avika is set to put on her dancing shoes to be a part of dance reality show ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Ja’ as a wild card entry along with choreographer Sanam Johar. She will compete with Neha Bhasin, Rashmi Desai, Karan Wahi, Rithwik Dhanjani and Jay Soni.
"I am excited and I want to prove myself. I love dancing. I have been learning dance since I was 4 years old. Then at the age of 10 when I started doing `Balika Vadhu`, I stopped learning it. Through `Jhalak...` I am again getting the opportunity to dance," she said.
Avika`s big screen career also seems to be kicking off in a big way. After doing films like ‘Paathshaala’ and "Tezz", she is set to debut as a leading lady with a female-oriented movie ‘Kaanch’.
"I am doing a movie called `Kaanch` and it is being directed by Kalpana Lazmi. This is a female oriented movie," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sushant Singh Rajput's 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' becomes second highest opener of 2016!
- If Indian artistes have so much problem, we will ban their movies too: Raj Thackeray on Salman Khan's statement
- We are living in hard times: Ranbir Kapoor
- Surgical strikes: Adnan Sami praises Indian Army, gets slammed on Twitter – Details inside
- Humans are selfish: Tom Hanks
- Priyanka Chopra to go 'Live With Kelly' once again
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 679—Alia instigates Abhi to propose Tanu for marriage!
- Shooting for Anil Kapoor starrer '24' Season 2 wrapped up!
- There's leg pulling, no insulting on 'Comedy Nights Bachao': Krushna Abhishek
- Zindagi channel set to launch new primetime shows starting October 3! Details inside