Aishwarya Rai to perform for Uttarakhand flood victims
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is reportedly going to be a part of a seven-hour long television show, the proceeds of which are going to help the victims of the devastating floods in Uttarakhand.
The Bollywood diva is joining hands with several other stars in reaching out to the victims, a leading news website reported.
The event is scheduled to be held on Independence Day and will see the actor come back into limelight after a long hiatus post motherhood.
A source was quoted, “The actress will apparently be performing to a medley of patriotic songs for the event. Abhishek Bachchan has also given his nod for the show.”
Furthermore, the online news website reported that there will be other stars that have joined hands in the programme. The who’s who of Bollywood like Amitabh Bachchan, Bipasha Basu, Madhuri Dixit Abhay Deol, and Neha Dhupia have also reportedly shot for the promos of the beneficiary show.
Music biggies such as Lata Mangeshkar and AR Rehman are reportedly supporting the initiative as well .
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan has been away from most events and performances, but Bollywood reaching out to the victims has brought her out of the break for a good cause.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reema Lagoo burns her hands in shooting for 'Naamkarann'
- Bigg Boss 10: Will Om Swami be the next India wala to face eviction?
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi gets too close to Monalisa; celebrities tell Bhojpuri star to beware
- Shivaay: Ajay Devgn turns 'prankster' on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Bigg Boss 10: India wali Priyanka Jagga gets eliminated