Akkineni Nagarjuna keen to venture into television
Chennai: Popular Telugu actor Akkineni Nagarjuna, who considers television as a "potential medium", is keen to make his mark on the small screen too if he gets the right opportunity. He says he is open to hosting a TV show.
"I believe there is lot of untapped potential in the television market. With shows such as `Bigg Boss` and `24` turning out to big hits on TV, I`m interested to be in it," Nagarjuna said.
"I would love to host a television show. As soon I get a great concept, I would make my debut on television as well," he added.
Besides being an actor, Nagarjuna is also a successful producer. He is currently producing two television soaps in Telugu.
"I think it`s time for regional television to up the ante, both content as well entertainment wise," he said.
After facing two back-to-back disasters with films `Greekuveerudu` and `Bhai`, the 54-year-old is currently busy shooting for Telugu family-drama `Manam`, also featuring his father and son.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Popularity of ghazals increasing, says Rekha Bhardwaj
- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5
- Trailer out! 'Sunshine Music Tours and Travels' is the road trip every youth needs – Watch here
- Honoured to help create an image for Indian Railways: Ritu Beri
- United Nation's Global Citizen Festival: Priyanka Chopra talks about humanity and youth- READ
- Indian TV actress Sara Khan gears up for a show in Pakistan!
- Watch: Benedict Cumberbatch's 'Sherlock: Series 4' teaser will leave you on the edge!
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 630—Pragya still loves Abhi, tries to win him back!
- Brett Lee to shoot for 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain!'
- Anil Kapoor opens up about kissing scene in '24'! – Read more