Akkineni Nagarjuna keen to venture into television
Chennai: Popular Telugu actor Akkineni Nagarjuna, who considers television as a "potential medium", is keen to make his mark on the small screen too if he gets the right opportunity. He says he is open to hosting a TV show.
"I believe there is lot of untapped potential in the television market. With shows such as `Bigg Boss` and `24` turning out to big hits on TV, I`m interested to be in it," Nagarjuna said.
"I would love to host a television show. As soon I get a great concept, I would make my debut on television as well," he added.
Besides being an actor, Nagarjuna is also a successful producer. He is currently producing two television soaps in Telugu.
"I think it`s time for regional television to up the ante, both content as well entertainment wise," he said.
After facing two back-to-back disasters with films `Greekuveerudu` and `Bhai`, the 54-year-old is currently busy shooting for Telugu family-drama `Manam`, also featuring his father and son.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistani artiste controversy: Producers thank cinema owners for backing 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release
- No one can make remake of magnum opus 'Mughal-e-Azam', says Randhir Kapoor
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan talks about her relationship with Ranbir Kapoor in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'
- Veteran Punjabi actor Mehar Mittal passes away
- Asking money for casting Pak actors is extortion: Ashoke Pandit on ADHM row
- Ranbir Kapoor - Anushka Sharma - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan vs Salman Khan: TRP battle this weekend
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 694: Abhi saves Pragya yet again from getting killed
- Prince Narula talks about Badho Bahu co-star Rytasha Rathore, film offers and more
- Puja Banerjee, Kunal Verma call it quits – Here’s why
- Antara Biswas aka Monalisa wants Salman's attention with 'Bigg Boss' stint