Akkineni Nagarjuna keen to venture into television
Chennai: Popular Telugu actor Akkineni Nagarjuna, who considers television as a "potential medium", is keen to make his mark on the small screen too if he gets the right opportunity. He says he is open to hosting a TV show.
"I believe there is lot of untapped potential in the television market. With shows such as `Bigg Boss` and `24` turning out to big hits on TV, I`m interested to be in it," Nagarjuna said.
"I would love to host a television show. As soon I get a great concept, I would make my debut on television as well," he added.
Besides being an actor, Nagarjuna is also a successful producer. He is currently producing two television soaps in Telugu.
"I think it`s time for regional television to up the ante, both content as well entertainment wise," he said.
After facing two back-to-back disasters with films `Greekuveerudu` and `Bhai`, the 54-year-old is currently busy shooting for Telugu family-drama `Manam`, also featuring his father and son.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kriti and I will go to 'Bigg Boss', Shah Rukh Khan to join later: Varun
- 'Kapil effect' sways Shilpa Shetty on Comedy nights
- Olsen twins to not reprise their roles in "Full House" reboot
- Bigg Boss, Day 45: Kanwaljeet’s ‘racist’ comment irks Priya; inmates celebrate Rochelle’s birthday!
- Bigg Boss: Keith Sequeira makes a comeback