Akkineni Nagarjuna keen to venture into television
Chennai: Popular Telugu actor Akkineni Nagarjuna, who considers television as a "potential medium", is keen to make his mark on the small screen too if he gets the right opportunity. He says he is open to hosting a TV show.
"I believe there is lot of untapped potential in the television market. With shows such as `Bigg Boss` and `24` turning out to big hits on TV, I`m interested to be in it," Nagarjuna said.
"I would love to host a television show. As soon I get a great concept, I would make my debut on television as well," he added.
Besides being an actor, Nagarjuna is also a successful producer. He is currently producing two television soaps in Telugu.
"I think it`s time for regional television to up the ante, both content as well entertainment wise," he said.
After facing two back-to-back disasters with films `Greekuveerudu` and `Bhai`, the 54-year-old is currently busy shooting for Telugu family-drama `Manam`, also featuring his father and son.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Would love to work with Mouni Roy again: Mohit Raina
- Actors are incomplete without fans: Divyanka Tripathi
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- Don't want to disappoint fans of 'Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hain': Shubhangi Atre
- WTH! 'The Kapil Sharma Show' to go off air soon?