Aman to play negative role in `Chhoti Bahu`
New Delhi: It seems Aman Verma has developed a liking for negative roles. After essaying an anti-hero in ‘Na Aana Is Des Laado’, the TV actor is set to essay a character with grey shades again in Zee TV` show ‘Chhoti Bahu’.
Aman will essay the role of Vishwanath. He will act as Asur (demon), an opponent against Lord Krishna?s powers, in the show, based on a girl whose faith in the Hindu god sees her through all odds.
The actor, who came into the limelight with roles in ‘Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’, ‘Sujata’, ‘Viraasat’, and also did bit roles in films like ‘Sangharsh’ and ‘Baghban’, feels the role is challenging.
"This is going to be a very challenging role. I will enter the Rajpurohit house as Vishwanath, an estranged uncle of Dev (Avinash Sachdev) who had left home 18 years ago."
"My character has shades of grey which will be kept under wraps under an able guise of a smart attire and suave look. It will be tough to play the role of an Asur battling the God himself. Looking forward to the challeng?," Aman said in a statement.
But what is this newfound love for negative roles?
"I like how people love to hate me. That`s a gratification. In this show, they needed an actor to match the intensity of the main lead. So here I`m," he said.
Isn`t he skeptical about being typecast?
"As long as I am acting and doing my best, I can sleep peacefully every night, feeling content," Aman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lovemaking makes men more likely to feel divine: Study
- Film Festivals purest form of education for budding filmmakers: Arjun Kapoor
- Pakistan-born actor Marc Anwar apologises for racist rant about Indians
- Ronan Farrow pays tribute to brother Thaddeus
- Gulzar reveals Rajesh Khanna acted in 'Anand' at a nominal fee
- TV actors don't have luxury to choose quality stuff: Ashmit Patel
- Priyanka Chopra found it 'weird' to audition for 'Quantico'
- 'Dance+' season two: 14-year-old Tanay Malhara takes home the trophy
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside
- 'Pretty Little Liars' creator teases fans with finale spoilers