Amrita Prakash cast in cross-border love story
Mumbai: Amrita Prakash, who featured in several films and TV shows as a child, will now be seen as a girl who falls in love with a Pakistani boy in the upcoming episode of `Yeh Hai Aashiqui`. She says shooting the "cross-border" love story was "fun".
“Shooting for `Yeh Hai Aashiqui` was a lot of fun," Amrita, who featured as a child actress in movies like `Tum Bin` and `Vivaah`, said in a statement.
The upcoming episode will showcase a story about Tabassum, an Indian girl who falls in love with Shadab, a boy from Pakistan.
Their love story begins in the course of their attempting to reunite their grandmothers who were best friends but had lost touch after India and Pakistan became separate nations.
Talking about the show, Amrita said: "It`s a very beautiful show with interesting love stories and a different concept unlike other episodic shows on Indian television which are either crime or horror-based.
"I decided to do `Yeh Hai Aashiqui` because it was a cross-border love story with a unique theme."
Actor Yasir Shah will be seen as her love interest Shadab on the show.
To be hosted by actor Rithvik Dhanjani, the episode will be aired on Republic Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HC seeks filmmaker's response on Kashmir documentary screening
- Bharatiya Kautilya Sena burns effigy of Salman Khan
- Black buck case: HC allows Salman Khan's plea to summon witnesses for reexamination
- Revealed: Ex-couple Ranbir- Deepika go candid in `Tamasha` first still
- Joe Jackson recovering after three heart attacks