Ang Lee to make TV debut
Los Angeles: Double Oscar-winning director Ang Lee has signed up his debut TV directorial. He will helm the pilot episode of a new series titled ‘Tyrant’.
The announcement comes after Lee won the best director Academy Award for "Life Of Pi" last month, reports contactmusic.com.
The TV show is set to be one based around cultural and political conflict, focusing on an everyday American family who find themselves caught up amidst the middle of a turbulent Middle Eastern nation, according to BBC.
It will go on air on US cable channel FX. The shooting for the show will begin this summer. Howard Gordon and Gideon Raff of "Homeland" fame will act as executive producers.
"Ang Lee has demonstrated time and again an ability to present characters with such depth and specificity that they reveal the universal human condition," John Landgraf, FX president, said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kamal Haasan slams PETA over jallikattu, asks it to ban 'bull riding rodeos' in Trump's US
- Bollywood celebs saddened by Hirakhand Express tragedy
- Priyanka Chopra shows support for anti-Trump Women's March
- Box Office report: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' picks up pace on weekend again
- I have learned to make peace with failure: Hrithik Roshan
- Nepal's Teriya Magar wins 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa', says 'dance is my true love'
- Bigg Boss 10: Nitibha Kaul has an interesting message for all Manveer Gurjar fans – Watch
- Priyanka Chopra thanks 'Quantico' team for People's Choice Award!
- Sunny Leone does a 'Laila' with Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan on 'Bigg Boss 10'! Pic proof
- Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan on 'Bigg Boss 10' sets bring back 'Karan Arjun' memories!