Anil Kapoor launches `24 – The Game`
Mumbai: Anil Kapoor is making sure he breaks new grounds with `24`. After a stupendous launch of the espionage drama on the Indian small screen, the actor-producer Saturday launched an interactive mobile 3D game `Safari Storme 24 - The Game`, styled on the show.
The game will provide viewers with the opportunity to experience the real-time action of the show offline. Developed by Gameshastra Solutions Pvt. Ltd., it will be available for free download in India on iOS and Android platforms starting Saturday.
"With the launch of `24 - The Game` we are looking at bringing the `24` experience to the audiences` fingertips," Anil said in a statement.
The game will allow players to live the life of ATU chief Jai Singh Rathod, portrayed on screen by Anil, as he races against time to combat terror and protect the prime ministerial candidate from assassination.
The actor said: "The fast-paced game shares multiple characteristics with the show which will only add to viewers` overall experience."
Talking about the game, Raj Nayak, CEO, Colors, said: "The launch of ’24 - The Game’, is an innovation that brings us closer to our audiences. Through the game, we are providing audiences with the unique opportunity to step into the shoes of Jai Singh Rathod and experience the show first-hand.”
The fast-paced and score-based game is a third-person, cover-based shooter game enabling players to single-handedly foil terrorist operations organised within Mumbai.
With 30 levels to cross, players will be privy to an arsenal of weapons along with support powers like health packs, additional guns, Harrier Strike and Missile Barrages that can be purchased through redemption of points earned during the game.
All players will also be able to compare their standing as they race against time with each other through the Local Leaderboard, which will share their score details with other gamers.
The launch of such a game is a vital business decision, says Vivek Srivastava, head - Digital, Colors.
“With the availability of multiple touchpoints, it has become critical for broadcasters to reach out to their target audiences using newer avenues such as social media, and online and digital tools," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistani artiste controversy: Producers thank cinema owners for backing 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release
- No one can make remake of magnum opus 'Mughal-e-Azam', says Randhir Kapoor
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan talks about her relationship with Ranbir Kapoor in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'
- Veteran Punjabi actor Mehar Mittal passes away
- Asking money for casting Pak actors is extortion: Ashoke Pandit on ADHM row
- Ranbir Kapoor - Anushka Sharma - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan vs Salman Khan: TRP battle this weekend
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 694: Abhi saves Pragya yet again from getting killed
- Prince Narula talks about Badho Bahu co-star Rytasha Rathore, film offers and more
- Puja Banerjee, Kunal Verma call it quits – Here’s why
- Antara Biswas aka Monalisa wants Salman's attention with 'Bigg Boss' stint