Anjana Padmanabhan wins first Indian Idol Junior
Mumbai: The singing reality show Indian Idol Junior concluded on Sunday night with Anjana Padmanabhan emerging as winner of its first season.
The show had started with 86 contestants from across India.
10-year-old Anjana Padmanabhan from Bengaluru was crowned as the winner by megastar Amitabh Bachchan.
Anjana, the first Indian Idol Junior, received prize money of Rs 25 lakh from Sony Entertainment Television, a Nissan Micra Car, a fixed deposit of Rs five lakhs from Kotak and Rs two Lakh from Horlicks.
"Although we were competing against each other, we were like a family filled with unique characters and had our moments of joy and sorrow. I am thrilled," Anjana Padmanabhan said in a statement here.
Debanjana Mitra, Anmol Jaswal and Nirvesh Dave secured the first and the second runners-up positions respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No artist has left 'Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah' since inception: Asit Kumarr Modi
- Would love to work with Mouni Roy again: Mohit Raina
- Actors are incomplete without fans: Divyanka Tripathi
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- Don't want to disappoint fans of 'Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hain': Shubhangi Atre