Anupam Kher predicts innumerable copies of `24`
Mumbai: Veteran actor Anupam Kher, who features in a cameo in the TV show `24`, the Indian adaptation of an eponymous foreign show, is confident that it will be a hit and a lot of shows on similar lines will start by next year.
"I enjoyed it (`24`) and you all will also enjoy watching it. Next year there will be a lot of carbon copies of the show, but the channel and Anil (Kapoor) and everyone else associated with `24` will be able to say that, `We started it`," the 58-year-old said here Thursday at the announcement of the show`s telecast details.
Anil Kapoor featured in the eighth season of the international series, and he is responsible for bringing the concept here for a desi version.
In the show, Anil plays the lead role of Jai Singh Rathod, the chief of anti-terrorist Unit of India.
"24" will go on air Oct 4 on Colors. It will be shocased every Friday and Saturday at 10 p.m. for 12 weeks.
Anupam believes that `24` is a show that respects the audiences` sensibilities.
"This is certainly a show that respects the sensibilities of the audiences. It has been made at a professional level and shot like a film. Every person has given it his best. Everyone here is eager about the show and praising it. There must be something about it," he said.
Shabana Azmi has also done a cameo for `24`, which also stars Tisca Chopra and Mandira Bedi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Happy Birthday' set for public domain after long feud
- 'Bajirao Mastani': Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Sanjay Leela Bhansali's big 'champion' win at Filmfare 2016!
- Boyfriend goals: Ranveer Singh ecstatic with Deepika Padukone's 'xXx' rage!-- See pic
- Sunny Deol's 'Ghayal Once Again' rakes in Rs 26.85 cr!
- Akshay-Nimrat's 'Airlift' roars at the Box Office, mints Rs 121.74 cr!