Ben Affleck to direct Fox crime drama
New York:`Argo` writer-director Ben Affleck has been chosen by Fox to direct the pilot episode of a crime drama `The Middle Man`.
The 41-year-old Oscar winner actor would also be the executive producer of the pilot, reported Huffington Post.
The series is based on a story developed by `Medium` and `Moonlighting` Emmy nominee Glenn Gordon Caron, who penned the script for the pilot.
`The Middle Man`, set in 1960s, explores the unique relationship between Rudy MacAteer, an FBI agent charged with taking down the Italian-American mafia, and his confidential informant, Irish-American gangster Mickey Flood.
The drama will be produced by Fox and Pearl Street Films, with Yebba and Mauro on board to co-executive produce.
Affleck replaced Christian Bale like month as Batman and is set to make his first appearance as the caped crusader in the `Man of Steel` follow-up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kit Harington got into a fight before his GOT audition
- Madhuri Dixit turns singer on reality show
- Barack Obama has trouble recalling deaths on 'Game of Thrones'
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 605—Tanushree makes another attempt to denigrate Pragya
- In pics: Meet the real-life 'Babita Ji' Munmun Dutta from 'Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah'!