Bhagyashree excited to be back in entertainment space
Mumbai: `Maine Pyar Kiya` fame actress Bhagyashree Patwardhan will soon be seen on the small screen in a new show `Laut Aao Trisha`. She plays a mother in search of her missing daughter and says the complexities of the character made her accept the offer.
Thrilled to be part of the show, Bhagyashree said in a statement: "It`s been a long time since I have been in an entertainment space and I am really excited to be back and working for `Laut Aao Trisha`."
In the show, which is likely to go on air in July, the actress essays the role of Amrita Swaika, a mother and her journey as she steps out of the house to find her daughter Trisha, who has disappeared. During her search, she comes face to face with the shattering realities of her family and relationships.
Bhagyashree says "the intrigue and the complexities of relationships that are part of my character is what attracted me to the show and made me want to be part of it."
"Nothing is black and white, we are all shades of grey. There are layers to every relationship and it takes a trauma to reveal them," added the actress, who has done her share of TV in the past.
Her career itself started with the telly world with the 1987 show "Kachhi Dhoop". She also did shows like `Aandhi Jasbaton Ki` and `Didi Ka Dulha` apart from a dance reality show like `Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 3`.
Her latest TV endeavour `Laut Aao Trisha` is produced by 24 Frames’ Nandita Mehra and Bhairavi Raichura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Martin Sheen calls his wife 'scariest woman'
- Robert Downey Jr travels with his furniture
- Hundreds say farewell at funeral for blues great BB King
- Kim Kardashian is a great wing woman: Paris Hilton
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' breaks into Rs 100 crore club
- Vidya Balan turns down Suchitra Sen biopic
- Disney pulls plug on 'Tron 3'
- 21 European films to be screened in Kolkata
- Mamata Banerjee remembers Rituparno Ghosh as West Bengal's pride
- Iggy Azalea cancels tour
- 'Ishqedarriyaan' review: An oft-seen love story
- Of travel, history and a good measure of science
- No foul play in death of Chilean poet Neruda, researchers say
- Emoji, meme, photobomb, twerk among new Merriam-Webster words
- Scrapbook provides rare insight to India's cinema history
- Flights of imagination: An aeronautical engineer as a famous novelist
- Comic book king Stan Lee to come out with graphic memoir
- Julianna Margulies to author children's picture book
- Unfinished memoirs of Orson Welles found
- Pamela Anderson to launch her photo book
- We are committed to fulfilling Dinkar ji's dreams: PM Modi
- Barbra Streisand's memoir to arrive in 2017
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- DNA: Exploitation of migrant workers in Qatar
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- MHA notification: SC issues notice to Delhi govt
- Protests outside IIT-Madras against ban on students' group
- Railways may hike AC class fares from June 1, 2015
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 29, 2015
- Special: Heart-wrenching tales of elderly people in old age homes
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere
- Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared today soon
- BSEB (biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in): Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared tomorrow on May 30
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Maggi noodles controversy: Case to be filed against Nestle in UP today
- Arrival of Monsoon over Kerala delayed by 2-3 days: Met Department
- US formally removes Cuba from terror blacklist in landmark move
- If Congress was pro-poor, why does poverty still exist in India, asks PM Narendra Modi
- Check biharboard.ac.in / biharboard.bih.nic.in for Bihar School Examination Board BSEB Inter Arts Result 2015
- Govt committed to One Rank, One Pension: PM Narendra Modi
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses