Bollywood stars must come together for a TV series: Shah Rukh Khan
Panchgani: He made a humble beginning with the small screen with shows like ‘Fauji’ and ‘Circus’, but Shah Rukh Khan went on to make it big in Bollywood. He now says he won`t mind coming back to TV to act, and adds it would be a good idea for film stars to collaborate for a project.
Will you act in TV at this point of your career, he was asked Wednesday at a press conference of the upcoming Zee Cine Awards here.
He said: "I had a discussion with late Mukul Anandji and since then we have been thinking that all the big stars of Bollywood come together and make a TV series. It will be interesting if Bollywood people come together and make a 10-part or 12-part series, just like `Buniyaad` and `Hum Log`... we have international stars being a part of such shows."
"I am open to doing it if there is a good storytelling to entertain the audience," he added.
Like many other stars, Shah Rukh too has had a recent taste of reality shows on the tube. He hosted the third season of popular game show `Kaun Banega Crorepati`, and later played the host on shows like `Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain?` and `Zor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout`.
He says he loves working on TV "because I started my career from there".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Brooklyn' named best British movie at BAFTA film awards
- Aamir Khan, Kangana Ranaut meet Narendra Modi over dinner
- Direction, production no more male-dominated: Javed Akhtar
- Akshay Kumar, Vidyut Jamwal to team up for Ahmed Khan's next?
- Bollywood is smitten with love bug, wishes a great Valentine's Day!
- Oops! Kapil Sharma's show to clash with Krushna Abhishek's 'Comedy Nights Live'?
- Salman Khan will host ‘Bigg Boss’ season 10 – There’s something new in store
- Gautam Rode approached for 'Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat'
- Sonali Kulkarni excited about cameo on TV
- Like a boss! Prince Narula is back in the game