‘Bride and Prejudice’ star Shivani Ghai set to join ‘EastEnders’
London: ‘Bride and Prejudice’ actress Shivani Ghai has been roped in to star as sweet and studious Ayesha Rana in British TV soap opera ‘EastEnders.’
In the show, Ghai will play a Muslim girl, who arrives in Walford for her arranged marriage, the Sun reported.
She will move in with a family friend Zainab Masood - played by Nina Wadia - while preparing for her wedding.
But things get off to a bumpy start when she arrives in Albert Square in December, the paper said.
“Ayesha will be completely out of her comfort zone in Albert Square, she comes from a much more sheltered place,” a source said.
When asked how she felt to be part of the British show, Ghai said “I am so excited.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kit Harington to return in 'Game of Thrones' season six?
- Ajay Devgn to appear on 'Nach Baliye 7' finale?
- X Factor auditions cancelled after death of Cowell's mother
- Manik Pal recounts struggle to the top
- ‘Hollywood’s Favorite Bollywood Choreographer’ Nakul Dev Mahajan to judge DID North America 2015