Britney Spears to be axed from `The X Factor`?
London: Singer Britney Spears might be fired from "The X Factor" because she`s too expensive.
The 30-year-old, who currently sits on the judging panel alongside Simon Cowell, Demi Lovato and LA Reid, is reportedly under threat because producers are eager to dramatically reduce the show`s budget next season.
"Producers were hoping to pull in between 15-20 million viewers but the show hasn`t reached those expectations and in a recent episode that clashed with the World Series only 5.7 million watched," showbizspy.com quoted a source as saying.
"Those numbers add up to cost cutting and Britney will be expendable. So, considering Fox has already renewed The X Factor for a third season, producers will be looking to spend less on the production of the show, including the judges` salaries.
"Britney, who was signed on a one-year deal, is the first person who will be expected to have her salary chopped. She is on a $15 million contract, which is absurd given that there`s been no huge surge in the ratings," the source added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I don't allow my son to watch TV: Shilpa Shetty
- Trouble in Vivian D'Sena and Vahbiz Dorabjee marriage? Deets inside
- Saif Ali Khan to be face of 'Supercars Megabuild'!
- 'Bigg Boss 10' promo out, Salman Khan turns astronaut for reality show!- WATCH
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!