Carrie Underwood to star in live TV version of `The Sound of Music`
Washington: Carrie Underwood will star in a live television version of `The Sound of Music` which airs on December 5th on NBC, it has been revealed.
The 30-year-old singer confessed that she was nervous about doing something that she hadn`t done before, but then admitted none of them had as it is a live show on TV, the Washington Times reported.
The `American Idol` winner explained that the live singing and acting was like going to a Broadway show, sitting in the living room.
Underwood felt that she required more preparation for the role, so she reached three weeks early in New York to be ready for it.
She is playing the role of Maria alongside `True Blood` vampire, Stephen Moyer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anupam Kher to play politician in 'Welcome Back Gandhi'
- Zayn Malik deserves happiness: Rebecca Ferguson
- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' crosses Rs 20 crore mark in India on opening day
- IMPPA ban on Pakistani actors has no relevance: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Karan Patel deletes his angry social media post against Pakistan – Know why
- Priyanka Chopra to go 'Live With Kelly' once again
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 679—Alia instigates Abhi to propose Tanu for marriage!
- Shooting for Anil Kapoor starrer '24' Season 2 wrapped up!
- There's leg pulling, no insulting on 'Comedy Nights Bachao': Krushna Abhishek
- Zindagi channel set to launch new primetime shows starting October 3! Details inside