CBS boss predicts long run for ‘Two and a Half Men’
Los Angeles: "Rancor in Washington is good" for the networks, and the election year of 2012 "is going to be a banner year for us."
So said CBS chief Les Moonves during a one-in-one interview event at the Beverly Hilton Thursday.
Interviewed by TV writer Brian Lowry, Moonves, said he sees no downturn in the current advertising economy and only sees good things ahead as CBS and its rivals get ready to feed on election-year advertising.
"We`re not seeing what we were seeing three or four years ago when people were pulling back," he said.
Moonves also noted the USD 250 million CBS will receive in broadcast retransmission fees this year.
"Those fees will be going up, and they should have gone up a long time ago," he said.
Moonves was also asked about the turmoil surrounding hit sitcom ‘Two and a Half Men’ and its ex-star earlier this year.
"When you`ve been around as long as I have, you learn one thing: s--- happens," he said.
Moonves said the network is pleased with the new iteration of ‘Men’ with Ashton Kutcher: "This show could last with the current numbers it has for many, many years."
As he was speaking, word was circulating of the dissolution of Kutcher`s marriage with Demi Moore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Supreme Court directs actor Rajpal Yadav to undergo 6-day jail term
- The wedding trailer of Divyanka Tripathi-Vivek Dahiya is beautiful in all possible ways- WATCH magic taking over!
- Post her lip-kiss spree with Ranveer Singh in 'Befikre' THIS is what Vaani Kapoor has to say about kissing- READ
- Arjun Rampal cannot get enough of Sidharth Malhotra-Katrina Kaif's 'Kala Chashma'
- Mahesh Babu gears up for next with AR Murugadoss
- When ‘Unindian’ Brett Lee met Kapil Sharma - See pics
- My green eyes got me '24' role: Sumit Kaul
- Indian TV actress Sara Khan gears up for a show in Pakistan!
- Watch: Benedict Cumberbatch's 'Sherlock: Series 4' teaser will leave you on the edge!
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 630—Pragya still loves Abhi, tries to win him back!