Celebrity chef Paula Deen dropped by channel despite apology for racial slur
Washington: Cooking show host Paula Deen`s contract will not be renewed by Food Network when it expires at the end of this month, even though she issued a public apology on Friday for using a racial slur.
The 66-year-old restaurateur said in her apology that she wanted to apologize to everybody for the wrong that she had done and wanted to learn and grow from this, People magazine reported.
Deen asserted that inappropriate, hurtful language is totally, totally unacceptable and that she begs her children, her team, her fans, her partners for their forgiveness.
She was sued along with her brother, Bubba Hiers, by Lisa Jackson, a former manager of the brother-sister duo`s eateries, Uncle Bubba`s Seafood and Oyster House.
Jackson`s lawsuit alleges sexual harassment and creating a hostile work environment, which was rife with innuendos and racial slurs.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss: Rochelle, Priya have an ugly fight; Suyyash gets emotional on seeing sister
- Bigg Boss 9: When Salman Khan kissed Varun Dhawan!
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Bigg Boss: Rimi Sen to get evicted?
- Bigg Boss 9: Keith Sequeira back in house, Varun-Kriti set ‘BB’ stage on fire!