Charlie Sheen slams new ‘Two and a Half Men’
Los Angeles: Looks like Charlie Sheen is done playing nice with his former bosses.
The ousted ‘Two and a Half Men’ star, who`s preparing for his small-screen adaptation of the Jack Nicholson film ‘Anger Management,’ took a few shots at the show while out in Los Angeles on Thursday, saying he`s "very disappointed" in the direction ‘Two and a Half Men’ has taken since his ouster, TMZ reports.
Asked about the ratings slide that the show has taken since its eye-popping season premiere numbers, Sheen offered, "People aren`t stupid, you know? Not all of them."
Sheen was a critical about his replacement, Ashton Kutcher, who plays brokenhearted Internet millionaire Walden Schmidt on the show.
"He`s doing the best he can," Sheen offered. "I don`t think the role is cursed, but I`m extremely disappointed with how they`re handling what I left behind."
After a very public, very ugly war of words with ‘Two and a Half Men’ executive producer Chuck Lorre, Sheen struck a conciliatory tone at this year`s Emmys, taking the stage and wishing his former cohorts "nothing but the best" with the show revamp.
"From the bottom of my heart, I wish you nothing but the best for this upcoming season. We spent eight wonderful years together, and I know you will continue to make great television," Sheen said.
Two weeks later, in late September, Sheen settled his lawsuit with Lorre and Warner Bros. Television. As reported at the time, Sheen received USD 25 million in the deal, though that primarily consists of back-end payments from episodes he`d already filmed. (Sheen had been seeking USD 100 million in the suit.)
The good news for CBS? Charlie`s a big fan of its comedy ‘Rules of Engagement.’ The series enjoyed robust ratings for its season premiere Thursday, and apparently Sheen was among the viewers.
"Anyone catch the premier of ‘Rules of Engagement’ last night?" Sheen tweeted Friday. "Glad it`s back! Hat`s off to buddy Tom Hertz, cast and crew. Great show CBS!!"
Maybe he`s trying to make ‘Two and a Half Men’ jealous?
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranveer Singh's act in 'Bajirao Mastani' stirred me: Hrithik Roshan
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Good head of hair a real confidence booster: Priyanka Chopra
- Javed Akhtar turns 72, wife Shabana Azmi praises his 'magical persona'
- Shah Rukh Khan, Nawazuddin to promote 'Raees' in Dubai
- Bigg Boss 10: Marriage REAL, says Monalisa’s boyfriend Vikrant Singh Rajpoot
- Sunil Grover does a ‘Raees’ a la Shah Rukh Khan! See PICS
- Bigg Boss 10: Monalisa, boyfriend Vikrant Singh Rajpoot’s marriage ceremony to be held inside the house?
- Bigg Boss 10: Is this the special clause in Rohan Mehra’s contract?
- Priyanka Chopra talks about men in India and abroad on ‘Koffee With Karan’