Cheryl Cole to raise money via TV cameo
London: British singer Cheryl Cole has landed a cameo in TV drama `Coronation Street` to raise money for charity.
She will play herself as she searches for her long-lost friend, Tina MCIntyre, played by Michelle Keegan in the one-off Christmas special episode of the show.
"As a kid, I saw `Coronation Street` every night. It is surreal to be part of something I have watched my whole life," mirror.co.uk. quoted Cole as saying.
The 30-year-old joined the cast as part of the Text Santa charity, which raises money for several Britain-based charities over the festive period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chadha is the hero of 'Cabaret': Pooja Bhatt
- Kate Winslet treats career as 'holiday'
- Anoushka Shankar's new album to release soon!
- Ranbir Kapoor-Katrina Kaif relationship: Did Salman Khan confirm their break-up?
- Deepika Padukone's first day on 'xXx: The Return of the Xander Cage' shoot—See pic!