Chitrangada Singh endorses crime show `Gumrah`
New Delhi: Bollywood actor Chitrangada Singh is all set to make her small screen debut with the third season of youth-based crime series `Gumrah`.
The 37-year-old actress will be seen presenting the first episode of the show. TV actor Karan Kundra will host the remaining episodes.
"Television has such a far reach. Viewership of `Gumrah` is amazing. I think this is the best platform to convey something to your audience. The show deals with youth crime and unlike other crime stories, the show does not sensationalise crime," Chitrangada said.
`VithU`, a unique mobile application made by the channel as an extension of the show was also unveiled by the actress.
The application stores five important contact numbers and while in danger, one can press the power button twice and an alert message along with one`s location will be sent out to the five contacts.
"This is probably the most important application that your phone should have. In fact, I was surprised by the novelty of this concept. I think it is a simple and a smart idea. One can feel secure at the back of the mind with such technology," Chitrangada said.
Kundra of `Kitani Mohabbat Hai` fame will be back as the host after successfully anchoring the first and second seasons of `Gumrah`.
"I was at the peak of my career when I took up this show. I believed my instincts to take up this show when I was getting many serials. There is creative satisfaction when you do a TV soap but I felt something was lacking," Kundra said.
GM and Channel Head, Prem Kamath said that the reason the show has been a hit with the audience is because it comes across as being honest.
"The show does not give voyeuristic pleasures and you can watch it with your family. And it also shows crimes which are considered to be taboo. We do extensive research before we include them in our series. Season 3 will take off from where we left last time and make it even bigger and better," Kamath said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shilpa Shinde files FIR against 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai' producer, accuses him of sexual harassment!
- FIR against Shirish Kunder for 'insulting' UP CM Yogi Adityanath!
- Alia Bhatt achieved everything on her own: Pooja Bhatt
- Sixth sense in women key self-defence, says Vidyut Jammwal
- The Voice India...' winner wants to playback for Salman Khan
- Kapil Sharma – Sunil Grover fallout: Ali Asgar starts shooting for another show?
- Kapil Sharma forced to cancel shoot after boycott by team, Bollywood celebs?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No 'conflict of interest' in ‘minister’ Navjot Singh Sidhu’s continuation on TV, says Punjab AG
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Not Raju Srivastava but Krushna Abhishek to replace Sunil Grover?
- Priyanka Chopra's 'Quantico' to talk about Donald Trump, immigration policies