Chris Colfer is not leaving `Glee`
Los Angeles: Chris Colfer will be back for the final season of hit musical `Glee` contrary to rumours.
A tweet from Colfer`s verified Twitter page started the rumour that the actor was quiting the show but the actor`s manager and Studio 20th Century Fox Television later confirmed his account was hacked.
The actor`s publicist said Colfer was on a flight without WiFi access and was not immediately available to update his Twitter account.
Studio 20th Century Fox Television also issued a statement confirming Colfer will be back for the final season.
"We`ve been alerted that Chris Colfer`s Twitter account has been hacked. Rumors of his dismissal from Glee could not be further from the truth. We love Chris and look forward to working with him again this season," the studio said.
The tweet has subsequently been deleted.
Colfer, 24, later took to Twitter to joke about the incident.
"Apparently I missed quite an interesting day while aboard my flight. I am just glad that I was not killed by a fruit truck again," he said referring to a previous online death hoax story.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Madhuri Dixit turns singer on reality show
- Barack Obama has trouble recalling deaths on 'Game of Thrones'
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 605—Tanushree makes another attempt to denigrate Pragya
- In pics: Meet the real-life 'Babita Ji' Munmun Dutta from 'Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah'!
- Look what Ssharad Malhotra has to say about ex-girlfriend Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya’s marriage