‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’: ‘Gutthi’ – a no-holds-barred prostitute?
Zee Media Bureau/Resham Sengar
New Delhi: ‘Gutthi’ aka Sunil Grover, whose abrupt exit from the popular comedy show ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’ is the talk of the town these days, recently spoke to a popular daily about leaving the show.
The daily reports that Sunil’s contract with the show makers was nearing its completion date. He wanted a pay hike but the channel kept on refusing it. After consistent efforts, the channel agreed to Sunil’s terms and told him to work on freelance basis for them. After the negotiations were done, the channel tried introducing new characters which did not work. These new trials left Sunil dejected and he decided to quit the show. To his dismay, Sunil was asked not to take the character ‘Gutthi’ to another show.
He further told the daily, “If your wife leaves you, don’t you have the right to remarry? But I wasn’t a wife, only a ‘no strings attached prostitute’ who was given a stipulated time to carry out a job.”
The comedian also states that he had played the role of ‘Gutthi’ even in Comedy Circus.
What has really made Sunil upset is the copyright notice slapped by the channel to forcibly stop him to use ‘Gutthi’ for another show. He says that he would have opted to not playing the character for another show out of respect for Comedy Nights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- TV hottie Nia Sharma lets her hair down in Dubai – See pics
- ‘Angel’ Taher Shah upset with Varun Dhawan, denies right to use song?
- Know what Kapil Sharma’s team did the moment ‘bua’ Upasana Singh quit ‘Comedy Nights Live’
- Neha Marda’s latest romantic Instagram lomotif post will give you relationship goals