‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’: Raju Srivastava prefers ‘Gutthi’ over Kapil Sharma
Zee Media Bureau/Resham Sengar
New Delhi: While the producers of ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’ are claiming to have the copyright of the character ‘Gutthi’ played by Sunil Grover, ace comedian Raju Srivastava feels otherwise, if the latest buzz is anything to go by.
An entertainment website reports that Raju is not in favour of Sunil Grover getting denied the rights to ‘Gutthi’s character.
Here’s what Raju said: “I feel whether it is a stand-up comedy act or any character of film or serial, every artistic work is an intellectual property of an artist and the creator should have all rights to have copyright over it. As far as Gutthi’s character is concerned, Sunil Grover has performed the same character on other shows before ‘Comedy Nights With Kapil’ went on air. He has recited the character many times to me before the show came in existence. So I don’t understand how any channel cam claim to have copyright on the character Gutthi. I think Gutthi belongs to Sunil Grover.”
Going by what Raju said, we find his reasons quite logical. What about you?
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Daddy Shah Rukh Khan is a tad worried about AbRam! – Here's why
- Asha Bhosle, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's unusual rendezvous in New York! - View pic
- Shraddha Kapoor breaks the style code in latest Harper's Bazaar cover! – See pic
- Monsoon getaway: Bigg Boss contestant Mandana Karimi rocks in white while holidaying in Goa- See pic
- Monsoon trouble for shoes? Best tips to save your footwear this rainy season
- Sudden death on the sets of 'Taarak Mehta Ka Oolta Chashma' shocks cast, crew
- 'Sultan' Salman Khan on 'Comedy Nights LIVE'! Click for pic
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show': Sufi musicians Wadali Brothers to grace the show
- Say Whaaat! Winners of Sunny Leone, Rannvijay Singha's 'Splitsvilla 9' already decided?
- Attention TV lovers, we have a good news for 'Sarabhai vs Sarabhai' fans! - Read more