‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’: Raju Srivastava prefers ‘Gutthi’ over Kapil Sharma
Zee Media Bureau/Resham Sengar
New Delhi: While the producers of ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’ are claiming to have the copyright of the character ‘Gutthi’ played by Sunil Grover, ace comedian Raju Srivastava feels otherwise, if the latest buzz is anything to go by.
An entertainment website reports that Raju is not in favour of Sunil Grover getting denied the rights to ‘Gutthi’s character.
Here’s what Raju said: “I feel whether it is a stand-up comedy act or any character of film or serial, every artistic work is an intellectual property of an artist and the creator should have all rights to have copyright over it. As far as Gutthi’s character is concerned, Sunil Grover has performed the same character on other shows before ‘Comedy Nights With Kapil’ went on air. He has recited the character many times to me before the show came in existence. So I don’t understand how any channel cam claim to have copyright on the character Gutthi. I think Gutthi belongs to Sunil Grover.”
Going by what Raju said, we find his reasons quite logical. What about you?
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reema Lagoo burns her hands in shooting for 'Naamkarann'
- Bigg Boss 10: Will Om Swami be the next India wala to face eviction?
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi gets too close to Monalisa; celebrities tell Bhojpuri star to beware
- Shivaay: Ajay Devgn turns 'prankster' on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Bigg Boss 10: India wali Priyanka Jagga gets eliminated