‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’: What does ‘Dadi’ think of the ‘Gutthi’ copyright issue?
Zee Media Bureau/Resham Sengar
New Delhi: Actor –comedian Ali Asgar, who plays the role of ‘Dadi’ in the famous show ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’, is in favour of getting a famous character copyrighted.
Talking to a popular daily, he said that it is a good idea to get a copyright of a particular character a comedian enacts. He even expressed a desire to get the character of ‘Dadi’ patented before it gets too late. But he added that he would not prefer playing the character ‘Dadi’ on a different show as it is against moral grounds. “More than the character being related to the show, it gets associated with the channel,” said Ali. He also reasoned that to play that famous character on some any channel is not good.
Now that ‘Dadi’ dearest has given the clean chit to the show’s copyright act, we would love to hear your verdict on the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Never wrote open letter to PM about Dawood: Sunil Grover
- Have to be obsessive to play a character: Shah Rukh Khan
- Hrithik Roshan judges his films with first copy itself
- Honesty, sincerity behind 'Dangal' worked in its favour: Director Nitesh Tiwari
- Bollywood stars praise Yuvraj Singh's incredible century!
- Deepika Padukone makes black look the best colour as she steps out for 'The Late Late Show' by James Corden!
- 5 Doordarshan shows from 90s we would like to see make a comeback
- Bigg Boss 10: Monalisa – Vikrant Singh Rajpoot have been paid to get married?
- Deepika Padukone has big crush on Vin Diesel, has "amazing babies" with him in her head!
- Atta girl! Priyanka Chopra back on 'Quantico' sets after injury