Complaint against Salman, Bigg Boss-7 for `insulting religion`
Mumbai: An activist has filed a complaint with the magistrate`s court against producers of a TV reality show `Bigg Boss-7`, anchored by actor Salman Khan, alleging that it hurt religious sentiments by insulting a religion.
Bandra magistrate`s court would hear the complaint filed by Hemant Patil on October 29. Khan and TV channel Colours and producers of the show are named as respondents in the complaint.
Patil claims that the show divides its participants in two teams: Angels and Devils. The `Devils`carry tridents, which is infact the weapon/symbol of Lord Shiva as per the Hindu mythology, so it hurt his sentiments, he says.
Bones were tied to trident, which too was offencive, the complaint claims. Patil is seeking that police should file and probe a case under section 295 (insulting religion) of the Indian Penal Code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 630—Pragya still loves Abhi, tries to win him back!
- Brett Lee to shoot for 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain!'
- Anil Kapoor opens up about kissing scene in '24'! – Read more
- Video alert! Divyanka Tripathi - Vivek Dahiya’s wedding teaser will inspire you to fall in love
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: 'Naira' Shivangi Joshi & 'Kartik' Mohsin Khan in love?