Correct time to bring `Samvidhaan`: Shyam Benegal
Mumbai: Veteran filmmaker Shyam Benegal’s TV show `The Story of the Making of the Constitution of India - Samvidhaan` will depict the difference between the way debates were conducted in the parliament post Independence, and the way they take place now. He says “it is something to learn from”.
`Samvidhaan` is a series which will sketch the making of the Indian constitution.
"This comparative study about then and now has been shown in the show. The manner in which we conducted our debates then and the manner in which we conduct our debates today are two different things," the 79-year-old said on Friday at a press meet.
Recently, the Indian parliament saw a low with the pepper spray episode. Benegal says this is the best time to bring his TV show.
"You will see that the way the debates that happened then and that happen today are completely different. It is something we can learn from. That`s why I think this was the correct time to do it," Benegal said.
`Samvidhaan` stars actors like Sachin Khedekar, Divya Dutta, Ila Arun and Rajeshwari Sachdev. The 10-part mini series will be telecast on a channel starting Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Raees' promotion by train: Huge crowd erupts at Vadodara to see Shah Rukh Khan; 1 reported dead in lathicharge
- 'Commando 2' trailer is out! Vidyut Jammwal enthrals audience with mind-blowing stunts - WATCH
- Arms Act case: Being a friend I am happy for Salman Khan, says Daisy Shah
- Ali Fazal sponsors self-defence for girls in his family
- When Shah Rukh Khan visited Taj Mahal with his 'first income'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: THIS international superstar made the comedian say 'Oh My God'
- Priyanka Chopra gears up for ‘Live with Kelly’
- Koffee With Karan: Tiger Shroff opens up about his crush; Jackie Shroff talks about the leading lady of his times
- When Sunny Leone played mother to Salman Khan – Shah Rukh Khan!
- Nepal's Teriya Magar wins 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa', says 'dance is my true love'