Correct time to bring `Samvidhaan`: Shyam Benegal
Mumbai: Veteran filmmaker Shyam Benegal’s TV show `The Story of the Making of the Constitution of India - Samvidhaan` will depict the difference between the way debates were conducted in the parliament post Independence, and the way they take place now. He says “it is something to learn from”.
`Samvidhaan` is a series which will sketch the making of the Indian constitution.
"This comparative study about then and now has been shown in the show. The manner in which we conducted our debates then and the manner in which we conduct our debates today are two different things," the 79-year-old said on Friday at a press meet.
Recently, the Indian parliament saw a low with the pepper spray episode. Benegal says this is the best time to bring his TV show.
"You will see that the way the debates that happened then and that happen today are completely different. It is something we can learn from. That`s why I think this was the correct time to do it," Benegal said.
`Samvidhaan` stars actors like Sachin Khedekar, Divya Dutta, Ila Arun and Rajeshwari Sachdev. The 10-part mini series will be telecast on a channel starting Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- See: When Amitabh Bachchan was chased by a tiger!
- See pic: Shaalia groove in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded' finale!
- READ: What Shah Rukh Khan's Edinburgh speech is all about!
- 'Peepli Live' co-director Mahmood Farooqui forced himself upon US researcher, says common friend
- No film can flop if planned properly: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan