Court curbs on `YJHD` release on TV
New Delhi: On a law suit filed by the manufacturer of squash Rooh Afza, the Delhi High Court has restrained the makers of Hindi film ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’ (YJHD) from releasing the movie on TV due to some allegedly objectionable dialogues.
Justice Manmohan Singh said, in an order made available Monday, that the curbs were not applicable to the theatre version of Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone starrer, which was released in the cinema halls last week.
The court also issued notices to the director, producer and dialogue writers of "YJHD" and posted the matter for hearing July 16.
The court`s order came on an injunction suit filed by Hamdard National Foundation, the manufacturer of Rooh Afza.
The manufacturer claimed that the product was a household name in the country and outside India and the film contained some "objectionable" dialogues about the Unani recipe.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 9: Rimi Sen does not choose to leave house, Priya Malik wins immunity and captainship!
- Bigg Boss, Day 47: Survival fight continues, inmates stumped by surprise exit!
- Bigg Boss: Priya Malik to throw 'pee' on Kishwer in upcoming episode!
- 'Roadies' to make journey on cars in 'MTV Roadies X4'
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?