Court rules in favour of actress Shinde
New Delhi, June 17: Television actress Shilpa Shinde, who had been sued by director Rakesh Chaudhary for breaching an agreement and for `being unprofessional`, has finally won the case in Mumbai High Court.
The case was first filed in a City Civil Court and the Court passed an order against her of property attachment. Following the order, Shilpa appealed in the High Court and the decision was made in her favour.
`I was hired to do a weekly serial - `Hari Mirch Lal Mirch`. Of late, they made it bi-weekly and wanted double my time. As my commitments lie with other producers also, I was not able to give my time. Where is my fault? I cannot sacrifice one for another,` said Shilpa, who was working in Chaudhary`s serial `Hari Mirch Lal Mirch`.
In its judgement June 12, the court ruled that a producer or a director can neither force an artist not to work somewhere else just by taking their dates nor make them sit idle.
Shilpa, who was represented by advocate Rohini Vakil, added: `Rakeshji blaming me as being an unprofessional artist is his expression of exasperation. Had I been an unprofessional artist, Creative Eye, one of the biggest production houses, would not have provided me my advocate Rohini.`
After having learnt from this experience, Shilpa, who has been seen in soaps like `Amrapali` and `Meher`, suggested that one should sign an agreement only after reading it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of 'Aligarh': Hansal Mehta looks back at film journey
- Ayesha Takia slams haters, says 'I love myself and you should love yourself too'
- Ranveer Singh working round the clock to meet deadlines
- Hrithik Roshan to launch his own workout regime
- Rani Mukerji to make comeback with women centric film 'Hichki'
- Koffee With Karan: Check out Kapil Sharma's interesting advice to Twitterati
- Hugh Jackman breaks 'Wolverine Fast' on Jimmy Fallon's show
- Anupam Kher wraps shooting for 'The Indian Detective' in Cape Town
- Rishi Kapoor wants 'Rendezvous With Simi Garewal' back on air
- Sasural Simar Ka: Dipika Kakar out, Keerti Gaekwad Kelkar in