Crime show `CID` goes regional
New Delhi: Popular TV crime series CID is set to venture into regional market. The small screen`s longest running show will be launched in West Bengal as `CID Kolkata Bureau`.
`CID`, which is aired on Sony Entertainment Television, will be premiered in West Bengal on Sony`s Bengali language channel AATH, said a statement.
Actor Shivaji Satam, who plays ACP Pradyuman, will announce the launch of their Kolkata team. The new show will have fresh set of officers, who will solve cases in their local areas. The cast and the date on which the show goes on air is yet to be finalised.
"CID Kolkata Bureau" will be produced by the same production house, Fireworks Entertainment, which is behind the popular Hindi language show.
The original `CID` will also continue to be aired in West Bengal.
Directed by BP Singh, the show started in 1998 with actor Shivaji Satam playing the lead role and it has been running successfully for the past 15 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- The Inspiring Journey Of Classic Beauty J Jayalalithaa In The World Of Celluloid
- Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, other film stars express condolence over Jayalalithaa's demise
- Shahid Kapoor sets makeshift gym for 'Padmavati' role!
- Making of 'Dhaakad Girls' SONG from Aamir Khan's 'Dangal will inspire you!
- 'Befikre' Aditya Chopra makes RARE appearance; pens heart-warming letter on why Ranveer Singh starrer is his 'second first film'!
- Bigg Boss 10: Ranveer Singh – Vaani Kapoor entertaintain contestants; Elena Kazan gets evicted
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi’s fiancée and Monalisa’s boyfriend make an appearance
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 726: Pragya slams evil trio Alia, Tanu & Nikhil
- Neither Hrithik nor Salman! Anushka to team up with Katrina Kaif on 'Koffee with Karan'