Crime show `CID` goes regional
New Delhi: Popular TV crime series CID is set to venture into regional market. The small screen`s longest running show will be launched in West Bengal as `CID Kolkata Bureau`.
`CID`, which is aired on Sony Entertainment Television, will be premiered in West Bengal on Sony`s Bengali language channel AATH, said a statement.
Actor Shivaji Satam, who plays ACP Pradyuman, will announce the launch of their Kolkata team. The new show will have fresh set of officers, who will solve cases in their local areas. The cast and the date on which the show goes on air is yet to be finalised.
"CID Kolkata Bureau" will be produced by the same production house, Fireworks Entertainment, which is behind the popular Hindi language show.
The original `CID` will also continue to be aired in West Bengal.
Directed by BP Singh, the show started in 1998 with actor Shivaji Satam playing the lead role and it has been running successfully for the past 15 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Happy Birthday' set for public domain after long feud
- 'Bajirao Mastani': Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Sanjay Leela Bhansali's big 'champion' win at Filmfare 2016!
- Boyfriend goals: Ranveer Singh ecstatic with Deepika Padukone's 'xXx' rage!-- See pic
- Sunny Deol's 'Ghayal Once Again' rakes in Rs 26.85 cr!
- Akshay-Nimrat's 'Airlift' roars at the Box Office, mints Rs 121.74 cr!