Curtains down on `Mad In India` May 4
Mumbai: The laughter will die down. The show is over. Comic virtuoso Sunil Grover`s breakaway show ‘Mad In India’ will go off the air May 4.
According to sources, the decision to end the ill-fated laughathon was taken this week. It was arrived at after much deliberation.
"The show just wasn`t working. The comparisons with `Comedy Nights With Kapil` killed the show. The show`s creative team first tried to move away from Kapil Sharma`s format.
"When that didn`t work, they tried to give more of the same thing as Kapil`s show on `Mad In India`. Finally, the show was neither here nor there. The channel has taken a decision to take it off," said the source.
‘Mad In India’ went on air in February, a while after Sunil left Kapil`s show.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Malayalam actress abduction case: Congress MLA alleges 'serious lapses' in handling case
- Veteran Arun Kakade selected for META Lifetime Achievement
- Have made my space without backing, support, says Aditi Rao Hydari
- I have earned enough money: Akshay Kumar
- Special screening of 'Lion' for Salaam Balak and Google India
- Nach Baliye 8: Monalisa rehearses with husband Vikrant Singh Rajpoot
- Suyyash Rai – Kishwer Merchant in ‘Nach Baliye 8’? Here’s the truth
- Sonakshi Sinha to judge dance reality show 'Nach Baliye'?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Navjot Singh Sidhu's fanboy moment with Blind T20 World Cup champs
- Nikhil Chinapa replaces Karan Kundra on 'Roadies'