Daily soaps are boring, says Pravesh Rana
New Delhi: Model-turned-host Pravesh Rana says he finds daily soaps very boring and can`t imagine himself doing one.
"I don`t like daily soaps. I find them very boring. I don`t watch anyone of them, so there is no question of doing one," Pravesh told IANS.
"I am happy hosting reality shows and even participating in them," he added.
After being a part of controversial reality show, "Big Boss 3", Pravesh hosted second and third season of another reality show "Emotional Atyachar" on Bindass, and is now back with the fourth season of the show.
"Emotional Atyachaar" is the show that introduced the concept of loyalty check, however, this time the format is tweaked.
"In the earlier seasons, we used to do loyalty test on people through undercover agent. But now instead of conducting loyalty test on their partners, the participants will narrate their experiences in relationship crisis," he said.
"We got over three lakh entries this time. I sat down, studied them and finally selected 15 out of them, which will be shown on the show. It took me around two months for all this," said the 28-year-old.
As the show`s host, Pravesh remains calm and is often seen consoling the participants, who are cheated on by their partners, but it is not easy, he says.
"It is very easy to remain calm in such a situation. I have to tell them not to cry and take care of your relationship. One has to remain calm because it can hurt the person," he said.
Pravesh, who has also hosted dance reality show "Chak Dhoom Dhoom", is all set for his Bollywood debut with "Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster Returns"
"I play a cop in the film. It is my debut and I really enjoyed it. I wanted to do something like this for a long time. In future I would like to do action and thriller films," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- You should be prepared for trolls on social media: Amitabh Bachchan
- Ranvir Shorey starrer 'Blue Mountains' to release in April
- I'm not judgmental about any character: Vicky Kaushal
- 'Anaarkali of Aarah' makers file complaint over leaked scenes
- Freedom is main attraction of hip-hop, says rapper Raftaar
- Raftaar's 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai' rap song will make you say 'SAHI PAKDE HAI'!
- 'Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah': Tappu aka Bhavya Gandhi quits show
- Oscars 2017 weirdest TV finale since 'Lost', says Jimmy Kimmel
- Kapil Sharma turns Johar’s ‘Koffee with Karan’ spicy couch into a laughter zone
- Koffee With Karan: Check out Kapil Sharma's interesting advice to Twitterati