Dave Grohl slams music reality TV shows
Los Angeles: Musician Dave Grohl slams singing reality TV show judges as he feels they have no right to crush others` dreams.
The ‘Foo Fighters’ musician, who has daughters Violet, six, and Harper with wife Jordyn, would be really furious if one of his kids was cut down by a panelist on a show like ‘The X Factor’ or ‘American Idol’, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
"That`s what irritates me out about these shows where people are judged so harshly by established musicians that hardly even play and instrument on their own albums. It makes me really mad," said Grohl.
"I swear to God, if my daughter walked up onstage and sang her heart out and some billionaire looked at her and said, `No, I`m sorry, you`re no good` I`d throttle that person, I swear to God. Who are you to say what`s good or bad," he added.
Grohl thinks talent shows are flawed as some of the greatest musicians of all time, such as Keith Moon, are technically imperfect.
"If you were to put Moon up on stage and had him judged by prolific fusion drummers, they would say, `Well, your timing`s not great, you`re all over the place, you`re hitting rim shots when you weren`t supposed to be, your cymbal work is a little sloppy.` It`s ridiculous," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’ row: Bollywood celebrities slam CBFC decision
- Guardians The Superheroes movie review: Russian replica of 'X-Men' series
- 'Anaarkali of Aaarah' will appeal to all sections: Swara Bhaskar
- Vishal Bharadwaj is very sensitive: Kangana Ranaut
- Worth taking all the risk: Deepika Padukone on 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' success