David O Russell exits US TV drama
Los Angeles: `American Hustle` director David O Russell has pulled out of the US TV drama he was was set to make, a month after it was commissioned.
The Oscar-nominated director had co-written ABC`s `The Club`, a drama set in a private country club.
No official reason has been given for his departure, although it is thought Russell wants to focus on filmmaking, reportedly.
The series is still set to go ahead.
Russell had co-written and developed `The Club` with Erin Brockovich scribe Susannah Grant, who will remain on the project and also executive produce.
Russell is the latest in a line of high profile filmmakers who have pulled out of planned TV projects.
Ang Lee backed out of directing the pilot for FX`s `Tyrant` last May, saying he needed "some rest" after spending four years working on `Life of Pi`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terence Lewis to financially help TV show contestants
- Have learnt a lot from Govinda: Kapil Sharma
- Oops! No 'Sultan' promotions by Salman Khan on 'The Kapil Sharma Show' - Here's why
- Nana Patekar to soon introduce Anil Kapoor's '24' season 2!
- Superhero 'Captain Vyom' to be relaunched on digital platform