Difficult to make people laugh, says comedian Kapil Sharma
Mumbai: Popular stand-up comedian and winner of reality shows, Kapil Sharma, feels that comedy is serious business and it is not easy to make people laugh.
The 32-year-old is best known for his straight-faced but hard-hitting comic acts.
"Its difficult to make people laugh... It is not at all an easy job. We have to come up with innovative yet entertaining ideas, which to some extent is a challenge," Kapil told reporters.
"Comedy has evolved with time. Different elements are added either through costumes, dialogues or body language. Like in the film `Paa` if the role of Amitabh Bachchan wouldn`t have a funny side to it, then it would have become boring," he said.
Now the actor-host is gearing to entertain the audience with a new show `Comedy Nights with Kapil`, which will be aired from tonight.
Apart from Kapil, there will be other comic actors in the show, who will be playing cameos as various unconventional characters throughout the 13-part series.
One of the highlights of the show is Navjot Singh Sidhu, who playing Kapil`s friend and confidante. He will be seen giving Kapil solutions to his problems. Besides, there will also be a fun interactive session with celebrity guests.
"I don`t think this show is like a risk. Rather it is very much entertaining. Also, there will be live audience so we will get the response immediately. We are sure audience will like it," Kapil said.
Three episodes of the show have already been shot. The show will have Dharamendra, Vidya Balan and Emraan Hashmi, making guest appearances during the first few episodes.
One thing that Kapil will ensure is that there won`t be any double meaning jokes.
"We will ensure we won`t have double meaning jokes. It is a family show," he said.
Kapil is not only performing but also co-producing the show under K9 Productions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Michael Jackson`s Neverland on sale for $100 million
- Witch hunting to be subject of new Assamese film
- Alia Bhatt teams up with mother for new ad
- Sonakshi Sinha's singing performance at IIFA a 'dream come true'
- IBFW 2015 to start on July 15, go beyond metros
- Khloe ready to finalise divorce from Lamar Odom
- 'San Andreas' review: This temblor is worth watching
- Neelesh Misra to scrutinise Indian governance in 'Ramrajya'
- 'Socially appealing' show attracts Amol Palekar back to TV
- 28 years of 'Mr. India' and Anil Kapoor still looks the same
- Shoojit Sircar is terrific: Yami Gautam
- Christmas celebrations back home
- Shahenshah at 70: The Big B Reinvention!
- As Beatles comes alive, so does the India connect!
- United Art Fair 2012: An overwhelming artistry celebration
- Akshay is perfect as Lord Krishna: Paresh Rawal
- In Bollywood you do not retire but simply expire!
- “Lord Krishna’s character has shades of grey”
- Salman bhai loved ‘Mashallah’, was excited about it: Wajid Khan
- Bollywood is like Indian culture; it is all-accepting: Rahul Ram
- Pakistani filmmaker keen to make film on cross-border social issues
- Karisma cried after watching 'Heroine': Kareena Kapoor
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490