Difficult to work in mythological shows: Puneet Issar
New Delhi: Veteran actor Puneet Issar, who will portray the role of Parshuram in upcoming mythological saga `Mahabharat`, says working on historical dramas is very difficult and taxing.
"It is very difficult to shoot mythological shows. The costumes and the make up are very time consuming... It definitely takes a toll on the body. The character requires a lot of preparation as you need to have creative thinking and understand what they must have thought or felt. Though I enjoy playing historical characters, it is very taxing," Puneet told reporters in an interview.
The 53-year-old actor, who became a household name with his role of Duryodhana in BR Chopra`s `Mahabharat` (1988-1990), says the new version is completely different from the earlier one.
Puneet is playing Parshuram in an entertainment channel drama, which is being touted as the most expensive TV show ever.
"This show is very different and on a large scale. The makers have used lot of VFX and advanced technology to shoot the story. It is a new series," he said.
The show is being directed by Siddharth Kumar Tewary and will see Samir Dharmadhikari as Shantanu, Shayantani Ghosh as Satyavati, Aarav Chaudhary as Bheeshma, Arpit Ranka as Duryodhan, Praneet Bhatt as Shakuni, Saurabh Jain as Krishna, Ratan Rajput as Amba and Pooja Sharma as Draupadi.
The new show`s introduction sequence was shot in Srinagar, while rest of the shooting will happen in Mumbai on a set.
Besides acting, Puneet has also directed films like `Garv` and `I am Singh`. He is planning to reteam with Salman.
"I am currently working on a script with Salman Khan. I will be directing the project but it is too early to talk about it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Raees' promotion by train: Huge crowd erupts at Vadodara to see Shah Rukh Khan; 1 reported dead in lathicharge
- 'Commando 2' trailer is out! Vidyut Jammwal enthrals audience with mind-blowing stunts - WATCH
- Arms Act case: Being a friend I am happy for Salman Khan, says Daisy Shah
- Ali Fazal sponsors self-defence for girls in his family
- When Shah Rukh Khan visited Taj Mahal with his 'first income'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: THIS international superstar made the comedian say 'Oh My God'
- Priyanka Chopra gears up for ‘Live with Kelly’
- Koffee With Karan: Tiger Shroff opens up about his crush; Jackie Shroff talks about the leading lady of his times
- When Sunny Leone played mother to Salman Khan – Shah Rukh Khan!
- Nepal's Teriya Magar wins 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa', says 'dance is my true love'