Difficult to work in mythological shows: Puneet Issar
New Delhi: Veteran actor Puneet Issar, who will portray the role of Parshuram in upcoming mythological saga `Mahabharat`, says working on historical dramas is very difficult and taxing.
"It is very difficult to shoot mythological shows. The costumes and the make up are very time consuming... It definitely takes a toll on the body. The character requires a lot of preparation as you need to have creative thinking and understand what they must have thought or felt. Though I enjoy playing historical characters, it is very taxing," Puneet told reporters in an interview.
The 53-year-old actor, who became a household name with his role of Duryodhana in BR Chopra`s `Mahabharat` (1988-1990), says the new version is completely different from the earlier one.
Puneet is playing Parshuram in an entertainment channel drama, which is being touted as the most expensive TV show ever.
"This show is very different and on a large scale. The makers have used lot of VFX and advanced technology to shoot the story. It is a new series," he said.
The show is being directed by Siddharth Kumar Tewary and will see Samir Dharmadhikari as Shantanu, Shayantani Ghosh as Satyavati, Aarav Chaudhary as Bheeshma, Arpit Ranka as Duryodhan, Praneet Bhatt as Shakuni, Saurabh Jain as Krishna, Ratan Rajput as Amba and Pooja Sharma as Draupadi.
The new show`s introduction sequence was shot in Srinagar, while rest of the shooting will happen in Mumbai on a set.
Besides acting, Puneet has also directed films like `Garv` and `I am Singh`. He is planning to reteam with Salman.
"I am currently working on a script with Salman Khan. I will be directing the project but it is too early to talk about it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trailer out! 'Sunshine Music Tours and Travels' is the road trip every youth needs – Watch here
- Honoured to help create an image for Indian Railways: Ritu Beri
- United Nation's Global Citizen Festival: Priyanka Chopra talks about humanity and youth- READ
- It's waste of time to say anything: Aditi Rao Hydari on link-up rumours
- Amitabh Bachchan celebrates 43 years of 'Abhimaan'
- Indian TV actress Sara Khan gears up for a show in Pakistan!
- Watch: Benedict Cumberbatch's 'Sherlock: Series 4' teaser will leave you on the edge!
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 630—Pragya still loves Abhi, tries to win him back!
- Brett Lee to shoot for 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain!'
- Anil Kapoor opens up about kissing scene in '24'! – Read more