Discovery postpones Jackson`s autopsy
London: Discovery channel has scrapped plans to broadcast the re-enactment of Michael Jackson`s autopsy after the late popstar`s estate executors` appealed against this.
"Given the commencement of legal proceedings beginning next week, and at the request of Michael Jackson`s estate, the scheduled broadcast of the medical documentary related to Michael Jackson`s official autopsy has been postponed indefinitely," contactmusic.com quoted the channel as saying in a statement.
The show was a fictional account of Jackson`s autopsy, and print ads promoting it outraged the singer`s estate executors. Jackson died in June 2009.
Co-executors John Branca and John McClain had sent a letter to Discovery boss David Zaslav urging him to pull the programme out of decency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra wishes to grow up like her grandmother
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan gets miffed with paparazzi for hurting daughter Aaradhya – Watch video
- Sweet! Is this how Ranbir Kapoor trying to win Katrina Kaif back?
- Maharashtra Governor applauds Juhi Chawla, Shabana Azmi's 'Chalk N Duster'
- Shah Rukh Khan fined Rs 1.93 lakh for illegal ramp outside 'Mannat'