Discovery postpones Jackson`s autopsy
London: Discovery channel has scrapped plans to broadcast the re-enactment of Michael Jackson`s autopsy after the late popstar`s estate executors` appealed against this.
"Given the commencement of legal proceedings beginning next week, and at the request of Michael Jackson`s estate, the scheduled broadcast of the medical documentary related to Michael Jackson`s official autopsy has been postponed indefinitely," contactmusic.com quoted the channel as saying in a statement.
The show was a fictional account of Jackson`s autopsy, and print ads promoting it outraged the singer`s estate executors. Jackson died in June 2009.
Co-executors John Branca and John McClain had sent a letter to Discovery boss David Zaslav urging him to pull the programme out of decency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of 'Aligarh': Hansal Mehta looks back at film journey
- Ayesha Takia slams haters, says 'I love myself and you should love yourself too'
- Ranveer Singh working round the clock to meet deadlines
- Hrithik Roshan to launch his own workout regime
- Rani Mukerji to make comeback with women centric film 'Hichki'
- Koffee With Karan: Check out Kapil Sharma's interesting advice to Twitterati
- Hugh Jackman breaks 'Wolverine Fast' on Jimmy Fallon's show
- Anupam Kher wraps shooting for 'The Indian Detective' in Cape Town
- Rishi Kapoor wants 'Rendezvous With Simi Garewal' back on air
- Sasural Simar Ka: Dipika Kakar out, Keerti Gaekwad Kelkar in