Discovery postpones Jackson`s autopsy
London: Discovery channel has scrapped plans to broadcast the re-enactment of Michael Jackson`s autopsy after the late popstar`s estate executors` appealed against this.
"Given the commencement of legal proceedings beginning next week, and at the request of Michael Jackson`s estate, the scheduled broadcast of the medical documentary related to Michael Jackson`s official autopsy has been postponed indefinitely," contactmusic.com quoted the channel as saying in a statement.
The show was a fictional account of Jackson`s autopsy, and print ads promoting it outraged the singer`s estate executors. Jackson died in June 2009.
Co-executors John Branca and John McClain had sent a letter to Discovery boss David Zaslav urging him to pull the programme out of decency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Winter special: Five non-alcoholic drinks to tackle cold
- Iulia Vantur finally opens up about marriage rumours with Salman Khan!
- Is THIS the reason why Farhan Akhtar refused to act in Akshay Kumar's 'Gold'?
- Abhishek Bachchan to star in Prabhu Deva's 'Lefty'—Here's all you need to know
- Vivah Panchami: Celebrating the divine marriage of Lord Ram and Goddess Sita
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi’s fiancée and Monalisa’s boyfriend make an appearance
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 726: Pragya slams evil trio Alia, Tanu & Nikhil
- Neither Hrithik nor Salman! Anushka to team up with Katrina Kaif on 'Koffee with Karan'
- 'Bigg Boss' season 10: Manu Punjabi exits Salman Khan's show?
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 725: Sarla reveals the truth behind Pragya's fake pregnancy