Doctor Who` 50th anniversary will feature return of Daleks
London: The fearsome Daleks will be returning to mark Doctor Who`s 50th anniversary with a special episode, it has been revealed.
The BBC made the announcement on Sunday.
The scary creatures, who were first introduced in 1963, are the second enemy to be announced for the adventure, which stars Matt Smith, David Tennant and John Hurt.
It was previously announced that the Zygons, who last appeared in 1975 when Tom Baker was playing the Doctor, would also feature in the anniversary show, the Sun reported.
The programme`s lead writer and executive producer, Steven Moffat, said that the doctor once said you could judge a man by the quality of his enemies.
He added that it`s only fitting that for the special episode, the doctor faces the greatest enemies of all.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chadha collaborates with all-female production in New York
- Grateful to amazing people who made ‘Neerja' happen: Producer
- Riteish Deshmukh tweets an important life lesson on Shivaji Jayanti!
- Ashish Kaul appointed CEO of Prakash Jha Productions
- Rajkummar Rao's presence in Hansal Mehta's life has been 'transformative'
- Want Alia Bhatt to sing in reality shows, says Varun Dhawan
- Karan Johar's 'Koffee with Karan 5': All you need to know about season finale
- Shah Rukh Khan invited to star guest on season two of 'Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency'
- Roadies: Karan Kundrra loses his cool, slaps a contestant
- 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for two more seasons