Doing `Big Boss` to experience life without phone: Kamya Punjabi
New Delhi: TV star Kamya Punjabi chose to be a part of reality show `Big Boss 7` to experience the curiosity that unfolds when one loses connectivity.
The 34-year-old actress, who is popular for her negative roles in `Reth`, `Astitva... Ek Prem Kahani` and `Banoo Mein Teri Dulhann` was approached for earlier seasons of `Big Boss` too, but she turned down the offer as she was busy with her TV projects.
"I was a little confused at first. I did not know whether I wanted to do `Big Boss` or not. But I was curious to experience the phase of life when one is not connected to the world at all," Kamya told reporters in an interview before entering the show.
"In today`s time the entire world survives on cell phones, but there (in the `Big Boss` house) we won`t be having any phones. So I really want to see if I can stay without my cell phone or not. I don`t want to be connected to the world for sometime," she added.
When asked if the audience would be seeing a negative side of hers on the show, the actress said she may reflect different elements of her nature.
"Apart from doing negative roles, I have done comedy too. Those characters were fictional, but here I am the real me. I am going to be myself. I am a lively person, I love to laugh and do pranks. So I am looking forward to have that fun.
"At the same time I am a very strong headed woman. I do not accept any nonsense and I am very emotional. As a person I have a mix of these characters in my nature. So I think people are going to see all sides of me. I myself want to see which part becomes more dominant on the show," she added.
Kamya is a fan of `Big Boss`, and has followed the previous seasons of the show, being hosted by Salman Khan.
"Personally, I like the show a lot. Many people criticise it. But they still watch it. It is very entertaining and interesting. I am excited to go inside," she said.
The actress denied reports that she left `Do Dil Ek Jaan` because it was coming in the way of `Big Boss`.
"I had signed `Do Dil Ek Jaan` in May and my entry was supposed to be in June. There were some issues, not with the producers or my roles but something else which was coming in the way of `Do Dil Ek Jaan`," she said.
"So I spoke to the producer and in good terms I quit the show. `Big Boss` came my way after that. So I won`t say I left the show because of `Big Boss`," she explained.
The show, which began yesterday will be aired everyday.
Pic Courtesy: Kamya Punjabi
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shilpa Shinde files FIR against 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai' producer, accuses him of sexual harassment!
- FIR against Shirish Kunder for 'insulting' UP CM Yogi Adityanath!
- Alia Bhatt achieved everything on her own: Pooja Bhatt
- Sixth sense in women key self-defence, says Vidyut Jammwal
- The Voice India...' winner wants to playback for Salman Khan
- Kapil Sharma – Sunil Grover fallout: Ali Asgar starts shooting for another show?
- Kapil Sharma forced to cancel shoot after boycott by team, Bollywood celebs?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No 'conflict of interest' in ‘minister’ Navjot Singh Sidhu’s continuation on TV, says Punjab AG
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Not Raju Srivastava but Krushna Abhishek to replace Sunil Grover?
- Priyanka Chopra's 'Quantico' to talk about Donald Trump, immigration policies