Eddie Murphy reprising Beverly Hills cop role on TV
London: Eddie Murphy is set to return as Axel Foley in a television version of the iconic 80s movie ‘Beverly Hills Cop.’
However, the 51-year-old actor will not be the main star of the new CBS show, which has been ordered for a pilot that could be the basis for a full series, the Daily Mail reported.
Instead it will be focusing on the adventures of his son Aaron, who has followed his father’s footsteps into the police force, though choosing to work in the fancy 90210 area instead of his father’s old beat in Detroit.
The series is purported to show him attempting to escape Foley’s shadow, as he polices the rich and famous.
But Murphy will be appearing in the pilot, and could become a regular on the show, if the pilot makes the grade.
So far, no other casting has been announced, with the part of Aaron seemingly up for taking.
The show is being produced by Murphy and ‘The Shield’ creator Shawn Ryan.
Beverly Hills Cop was the biggest hit of 1984, making 316m dollars off a 15m dollar budget, with the 1987 sequel enjoying similar box office success.
However 1994’s third installment was ridiculed by fans and critics alike and made just 119m dollars off a 50m dollar budget.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shooting for Anil Kapoor starrer '24' Season 2 wrapped up!
- There's leg pulling, no insulting on 'Comedy Nights Bachao': Krushna Abhishek
- Zindagi channel set to launch new primetime shows starting October 3! Details inside
- After no 'Pakistani TV shows', Zindagi rebrands itself with local dramas
- Pearl V Puri joins 'Nagarjun - Ek Yoddha'