Fiction on TV is where it was 10 years ago: Anurag Basu
New Delhi: He is ready to make his debut as a reality show judge with ‘India`s Best Dramebaaz’ but fiction on the small screen, says filmmaker Anurag Basu, is still where he had left it almost a decade ago.
Before making a shift to the big screen, Basu created iconic TV shows such as ‘Tara’, ‘Saturday Suspense’ and ‘Koshish ...Ek Aashaa’.
"I believe since `Tara` days, TV has been changing every three to three-and-a-half years. After `Tara` came mythological shows and then one-offs like `Saturday Suspense`. I finished `Koshish...` in 2002, and I don`t think programming has changed ever since," Basu said here Thursday.
"The kind of shows we see today, I really think content of TV is still there," he added.
His last production for TV, ‘Love Story’, was way back in 2007.
Any plans of coming back with something new for the idiot box?
"I keep thinking what new should I do for TV. If I feel there is anything new on TV, I`ll definitely come back, but otherwise I really feel TV is still what I left it as 10 years back," said Basu, who has carved a niche in Bollywood with films like ‘Gangster’, ‘Life... In A Metro’ and ‘Barfi!’.
Right now, in fact, he is indecisive about his next movie project. He says he has been dilly-dallying.
"I gave myself time till Dec 31, and then didn`t do anything. Then I set Jan 15 as my new deadline. I couldn`t do anything. Now I have set Jan 30 (as the deadline), and hopefully I will decide on one project by the end of this month. I have the scripts, I just need to pick one... that`s all," he said.
For now, he is busy with the auditions of ‘India`s Best Dramebaaz’, a Zee TV show for kids between five to 12 years of age.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Malayalam actress abduction case: Congress MLA alleges 'serious lapses' in handling case
- Veteran Arun Kakade selected for META Lifetime Achievement
- Have made my space without backing, support, says Aditi Rao Hydari
- I have earned enough money: Akshay Kumar
- Special screening of 'Lion' for Salaam Balak and Google India
- Nach Baliye 8: Monalisa rehearses with husband Vikrant Singh Rajpoot
- Suyyash Rai – Kishwer Merchant in ‘Nach Baliye 8’? Here’s the truth
- Sonakshi Sinha to judge dance reality show 'Nach Baliye'?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Navjot Singh Sidhu's fanboy moment with Blind T20 World Cup champs
- Nikhil Chinapa replaces Karan Kundra on 'Roadies'