First-ever TV serial on Upanishads released on home video
New Delhi: `Upanishad Ganga`, the first ever TV serial based on the Hindu philosophical texts, have been released in the form of home video.
Directed by Chandraprakash Dwivedi, the series DVD`s have been released by Shemaroo Entertainment.
`Upanishad Ganga` is a dedicated and mammoth effort covering the entire gamut on Indian culture, heritage, philosophy and wisdom spanning more than 5000 years.
Dwivedi, writer-director of `Upanishad Ganga`, said on behalf of the entire creative team, "The most rewarding and intellectually satisfying experience. We all consider ourselves fortunate to be part of this legacy."
Special features of the DVD includes a compilation of the Sanskrit verses with Roman transliteration and translations in English for each episode, a collection of resources including books and DVDs for further reflection on the concepts from each episode, easy access to watch powerful scenes, songs and chants and the option for English subtitles.
"Upanishad Ganga is the only series that connects today`s generation to our ancient teachings of Upanishads. It is not only an attempt explain the epic in simple language but also establishes the relevance of it in today`s life," said Hiren Gada, Director, Shemaroo Entertainment, in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI opposes TV actor Anuj Saxena's bail plea in graft case
- Mahashivaratri: TV celebs on how Lord Shiva inspires them
- Jackie movie review: Natalie Portman imitates Jacqueline Kennedy effectively
- CONFIRMED! Deepika Padukone NOT attending the Oscars 2017
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Kerala CM pats police for nabbing prime accused Pulsar Suni