For TV, Balaji sends revised version of `The Dirty Picture`
Mumbai: The content of Viday Balan starrer ‘The Dirty Picture’ has been revised to ensure it is suitable to be broadcast on television channels.
"A revised U/A has been submitted to the channel," Tanuj Garg, CEO Balaji Motion Pictures, told IANS.
The voluntary deletion carried out by the filmmakers are in addition to the 59 cuts that had been made earlier in the film when it was given U/A rating by the Censor Board.
‘The Dity Picture’, unofficial biopic on late southern actress Silk Smitha, was to be premiered on Sony TV on April 22.
However, the screening was banned by the Information and Broadcasting ministry saying that the Censor Board felt that even the UA certificate given to the movie after several cuts meant that parental guidance was a must.
IANS tried to get in touch with Censor Board spokeperson, but he was not available for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zayn Malik deserves happiness: Rebecca Ferguson
- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' crosses Rs 20 crore mark in India on opening day
- IMPPA ban on Pakistani actors has no relevance: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Karan Patel deletes his angry social media post against Pakistan – Know why
- Won't let 'Ae Dil Hai Mushqil' and 'Raees' release: Raj Thackeray
- Priyanka Chopra to go 'Live With Kelly' once again
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 679—Alia instigates Abhi to propose Tanu for marriage!
- Shooting for Anil Kapoor starrer '24' Season 2 wrapped up!
- There's leg pulling, no insulting on 'Comedy Nights Bachao': Krushna Abhishek
- Zindagi channel set to launch new primetime shows starting October 3! Details inside