Fox moves ‘Idol’ to Wednesday
Los Angeles: The Fox television network on Friday unveiled a midseason revamp to its prime-time schedule, including a move to Wednesday for the first night of its No. 1-rated singing contest ‘American Idol.’
‘Idol,’ has long aired the first of its two weekly shows on Tuesday with the second one day later. But the shift paves the way for Fox to launch a new block of Tuesday night comedies led by its hit musical show ‘Glee.’
‘Glee,’ about a group of teenagers in a high school singing club, will now be followed on Tuesdays by sitcom "Raising Hope" and a new relationship comedy, ‘Mixed Signals,’ Fox said in a statement.
‘Idol,’ which is undergoing a major revamp this year with new judges Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler, will debut on Wednesday, January 19, and the second night in which contestants are eventually eliminated will air on Thursdays.
Fox plans to launch another new comedy, animated show ‘Bob`s Burgers,’ which is billed as a program about a man, his family and their hamburger restaurant. It will begin airing on Sunday, January 9, amid Fox`s block of animated shows that includes ‘The Simpsons.’
Other new programs Fox will launch in January and February, which is roughly the middle-point of the 2010-2011 US TV season, include police drama ‘The Chicago Code,’ and workplace comedy, ‘Breaking In.’
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Varun Dhawan working with Amitabh Bachchan? Nah, it's a rumour!
- It's OUT! Smiling spouse is your ticket to healthier, longer life
- 'SOTY' gang Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan, Siddharth Malhotra: From co-stars to neighbours?
- Has Aamir Khan already started promoting 'Dangal'?
- These things must strictly be avoided during Pitru Paksha!
- TV actors don't have luxury to choose quality stuff: Ashmit Patel
- Priyanka Chopra found it 'weird' to audition for 'Quantico'
- 'Dance+' season two: 14-year-old Tanay Malhara takes home the trophy
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside
- 'Pretty Little Liars' creator teases fans with finale spoilers